We write in response to your December 16, 2019 request for information pursuant to the Rhode Island Access to Public Records Act (APRA). Your specific request is noted below along with our corresponding response.
Would you please send us (in excel, pdf or another electronic format ideally) the below information regarding your alternative investments:
(1) Names of all limited partnerships (e.g. private equity, real estate, hedge fund, infrastructure and timber funds) your institution owns.
(2) Sizes of all the limited partnerships
(3) Vintage years of all the limited partnerships
(4) Most updated information available on amount committed to the partnerships and amount drawn by the partnerships.
(5) Distributions made by each individual partnership.
(6) Net Asset Value of each partnership.
(7) Internal rates of return (IRRs), TVPIs/Multiples, and DPI for each individual partnership, for the most recent date available. (Please specify whether the data is net or gross of expenses and fees.)
(8) Date as of which all the above data was calculated.
The information responsive to your request can be found in the State Investment Commission books found here: http://data.treasury.ri.gov/organization/investments. The most recent book will contain the most updated information. Be advised that pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws § 38-2-3(h), the Office of the General Treasurer is not required to reorganize, consolidate, or compile data not maintained by the Office in the form requested.
If you contend you have been denied access to public records, pursuant to R.I.G.L. § 38-2-8, you may appeal this decision to Amy Crane, General Counsel, 50 Service Avenue, 2nd Floor, Warwick, RI 02886. You may also file a complaint with the Department of the Attorney General, 150 South Main Street, Providence, RI 02903 or the Rhode Island Superior Court of the county where the records are maintained.
Additional information regarding the Access to Public Records Act may be found at http://www.riag.ri.gov/civil/opengovernment.
Thank you for your interest in keeping government open and accountable to the public.